Sunday, 23 March 2014
77. Without Marrying, There Is No Comedy
for Jo & Alex, m. 8/9/2012
K: In human life, not ever something new
– our rituals & meals will continue on regardless
D: It all seems so simple I think
– small scale things poking around in our messiness
K: There are times, too, when nothing is to be said
– just start listening, you!
D: This is as easy to accept as a polite police state
– then its edge cuts suddenly into view
K: Life kicks in & you can’t duck its boots
– your writing may be shaky after this critique
D: I know that & can count the bruises
– when you can’t manage that, call it a crisis
K: So pathetic it’s funny, Offa said, didn’t she?
– avoid ridicule by sharing out your pie in common
D: We only get a chance to share buttons here!
– milk, gravy, soup with toast, I’m not a fan of these
K: Well, I can’t laugh, I feel utterly immaculate suddenly
– “dangerous” and “bitter” – these words drip off me like glamour
D: Sleeping better, thank you. Power drops too. Where are we now in life?
– here, just here, then Saturday at Jo’s wedding
How good it will be to celebrate together
with all the family from across this world